FBA Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBA Underground

Student Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ittechguy
Admin
Admin
ittechguy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008) Empty
PostSubject: Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008)   Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Today in class we will begin our project, pictures will be given to the students to start their collage project

Ask Yourself:

What do I want to express? Do I strictly want to preserve photos/memorabilia? Memorabilia can be classified as: poems, essays, art, clip art, dried flowers, religious items, tickets, cards, and notes. Yarn or other fabrics may be incorporated for texture and effect.

Begin your collage with a great frame of your choice (large or small frames go according to your personal preference). A good starter frame is a large posterboard that can be found at almost any office supply store or frame shop.

It helps to lay out your memorabilia on a large table or floor. Take a thorough look at all that you have to use in this collage and what you want to use first. Weed pieces out that you feel don't add to anything. Try to have a theme in mind for your collage, and then act on it when choosing what goes in and what stays out.

Creating a Theme:

Look for items that are related in some sense. An example might be a literature collage with your favorite poems, images of the past (Victorian, 40s, 50s, etc., or sports events. Let your mind run uninhibited and try to remember that there are no boundaries in collage-making. Rather, choose what is special and use the rest as "filler."
Filler is the pieces of scrap paper that fall on the floor when you're cutting out what you want; don't discard these scraps! Scraps are very useful for filling in the empty spaces on your posterboard. This could mean using the trimmings from a photograph that was just pasted onto your posterboard to fill a small hole in your background. Or, you might take a scrap from a magazine clipping and use it fill in somewhere else - whatever catches your eye. Remember: you are the artist and creator and it is your personal masterpiece.

Marking Shapes, Forms and Patterns:

Use your own expertise and judgment to create shapes and fancy edges. Do you love flowers? Simply cut out your memorabilia in the shape of a flower (whole piece) or use small pieces to create a flower-like pattern. Do you like creative edges as opposed to a straight scissor cut? Use pinking sheers or construction paper scissors (in the kid's/school section). They're great for collages, since the edges of your materials, especially photos, usually need to be "blended" into oneanother and they usually fit better side by side this way.
A collage may be completed over three weeks or a few days. It depends on how much you want to put into it. Remember to keep things that inspire you in a separate cabinet or drawer. You just might be able to utilize them for your next memorable collage.

Last edited by ittechguy on Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:37 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
peezyp
Admin
Admin
peezyp

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-02-07

PostSubject: present   Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:31 am

present in class
Back to top Go down
Go0f_man90
Admin
Admin
Go0f_man90

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: present   Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 am

present in class
Back to top Go down
clayterr53rd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5
Reppin : C.T.3
Registration date : 2008-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008)   Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 am

im in the class.........

shout out to all my haters.............hello......hello
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008)   Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer Graphics II (02-20-2008)
Page 1 of 1