FBA Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBA Underground

Student Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

memphis bleek

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcooper
Admin
Admin
jcooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-18

memphis bleek Empty
PostSubject: memphis bleek   memphis bleek Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:13 am

Memphis Bleek's first album "Coming of Age" (1999) is an average release with a few bright moments. Early tracks dont standout much, then a hungry sounding Ja Rule helps pick things up with "Murda 4 Life" a track which would also appear on his debut album. My favourite track on this one is easily "Stay Alive NYC", Bleek talks about the drug game, backed by a brillaint beat and a memorable chorus. Bleek then drops some decent grimey sounding tracks with "You a Thug Nigga" and "N.O.W." feat. Da Ranjahz. Beanie Sigel and Bleek team up for "My Hood to Your Hood" a New York/Philly collabration from what were two of the Roc's young gunz at the time. The problem I find with alot of these later tracks is they are to similar in content and lack strong production. Fortunately the album closes off well with the mellowed out "Regular Cat", Bleek shines on this one while talking about his life,repping Marcy and addressing the haters. I think this was a decent entrance into the game for a young rapper who had to deal with the larger then life title of heir to the throne. Lyrically Bleek has never been great (and sometimes subpar), but once and awile he does have his moments. Would only recommend "Coming of Age" to big time Bleek fans
Back to top Go down

memphis bleek
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FBA Underground :: Music / Movie Corner-
Jump to: