FBA Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBA Underground

Student Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

For the graphic artists...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dwashington12
Admin
Admin
dwashington12

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-01-11

For the graphic artists... Empty
PostSubject: For the graphic artists...   For the graphic artists... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:50 pm

I just thought I'd start uppin' my collection of art books...Mostly for the comic book artist and beginners as well...Enjoy!

For the graphic artists... 51D92FDY35L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,45,-64_OU01_AA240_SH20_

Drawing Realistic Textures in Pencil

From Library Journal
Contrary to the publicity on this book, it doesn't contain techniques "so easy that anyone from doodler to advanced artist can master in minutes." This is instead a highly challenging manual on achieving effects close to photographic with little more than a sharp pencil. Hillberry, an artist and teacher, offers splendid demonstrations on creating the look of metal, wood, hair, and even cracked glass. To his credit, Hillberry admits one needs to have already grasped shape, proportion, and perspective before approaching this level of realism. Highly recommended for collections that need more than the basics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fbaunderground.com

Page 1 of 1