FBA Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBA Underground

Student Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ittechguy
Admin
Admin
ittechguy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008) Empty
PostSubject: Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008)   Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 6:00 am

4. Establish your own logo design process

Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008) Design-process-text
Now that we know what a logo is, what the principles and rules of logo design are and what makes a successful logo, we’re now prepared to begin the design process. This is the hardest part of these 5 tips, and is a whole topic in itself. Each person’s process is different and experience is usually the key factor when creating your own logo design process. For an example of a well established method, take a look at David Airey’s logo design process.

In short, a logo design process usually consists of:

1. The Design Brief
  2. Research and Brainstorming
  3. Sketching
  4. Prototyping and Conceptualising (See Step 5)
  5. Send to Client for Review
  6. Revise and Add Finishing Touches
  7. Supply Files to Client and Provide Customer Service

If you ever get stuck before or during your design process, I’ve provided some tips on How To Boost Your Creativity.
5. Learn the software and complete the logo

Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008) Adobe-illustrator

After you have got your design process sorted out, it is usually a good time to begin mastering your software (here’s a selection of Adobe Illustrator tutorials for reference). But before I get to that, I want to point out that Step 4 and Step 5 overlap, as it’s a catch 22 situation – you can’t design a logo by just hopping straight onto the computer, nor can you complete a logo design without knowing your software (the Adobe Creative Suite is a popular choice with professional designers).
Putting this aside, once you have arrived at your initial ideas and sketches from brainstorming, you can then move onto the computer to start digitizing your logo. After you have digitized the great concept(s), your client is ready to review your work, ask for possible revisions, and complete the design project. Thus, you have successfully created a professional logo
Back to top Go down

Computer Graphics I (4-3-2008)
Page 1 of 1