FBA Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBA Underground

Student Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tazz12345
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-16

Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury.. Empty
PostSubject: Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury..   Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury.. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:00 am

News Main Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury.. Arrowblack E-mail
Posted: 9 hours 35 minutes ago
Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury

Associated Press

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick stayed true to form Thursday, refusing to discuss Tom Brady's health a few days after the quarterback was photographed limping in New York with a walking boot on his right foot.
Watch: Who Is Tom Brady?

Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury.. T_brady_071229_100x100Tune in to the NFL Network on Friday, Jan. 25 at 8 p.m. EST and get the inside story on New England Patriots record-setting quarterback Tom Brady.

Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury.. Nflnetworkfootball Fans, want to get NFL Network? Cable operators, want to carry NFL Network? Click here for more information.

"I don't have any comment on it. I don't have any comment on it," he said in a news conference before the Patriots held their first practice in preparation for the Feb. 3 Super Bowl against the New York Giants.

Brady did not show up during the first 15 minutes of practice, when reporters are allowed to observe, and it was not immediately known if he would play after the session was closed to the media.

When asked at the news conference earlier if Brady would practice, Belichick said: "We'll go out there. I don't know."

"The injury report will be out next Wednesday and we're excited to get that to you," he said to laughter from reporters, "filled out completely and I can't wait to get that to you because I know you're anxious for it."

Brady, this season's NFL MVP, had been dogged by photographers outside the New York City apartment of his supermodel girlfriend since the photographs surfaced Monday showing him wearing the boot and carrying a bouquet of flowers.

"I focused on the flowers," defensive end Richard Seymour said with a smile before Thursday's practice.

Brady was later seen in New York walking without a cast. He reportedly has a mild high ankle sprain.

Belichick said Brady is rarely distracted, on or off the field.

"I think Tom's one of the toughest players on our team both mentally and physically," the coach said. "He works hard ... He's very calm. He's a great competitor but he's very calm."

Several players shied away from the issue.

"You'll have to ask Tom about anything pertaining to him and his ankle," wide receiver Wes Welker said.
Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury.. NE_logo-50x50 New England Patriots
    Complete coverage:
  • Video | Schedule | Stats
  • Roster | Depth chart | Transactions
  • Official team site: Patriots.com

"That has nothing to do with me, man, next question," cornerback Ellis Hobbs said.

"I didn't see the video and I don't know anything about it," safety Rodney Harrison said.

Running back Kevin Faulk and defensive lineman Jarvis Green have both worn protective boots in the past. Green said he played in the next game after wearing the boot in college at LSU. When Faulk wore it, he didn't get nearly the attention Brady did.

"Because I'm not Tom Brady, I guess," Faulk said. "I don't know. It's just crazy. That's
Back to top Go down

Belichick refuses to talk about reported Brady injury..
Page 1 of 1