FBA Underground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FBA Underground

Student Community

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

50 cent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jcooper
Admin
Admin
jcooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-01-18

50 cent Empty
PostSubject: 50 cent   50 cent Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:47 am

64 of 114 people found the following review helpful:
50 cent Stars-4-0._V47081936_ Not Flawless, but Still Gets the Job Done, April 20, 2003

By Michael Crane (Orland Park, IL USA) - See all my reviews
50 cent C7y_badge_tr_5._V47082063_
As I have said many times in the past, I am not the big rap fan I once was in high school. I really don't like most of the new rap that's coming out, because they all sound the same. They all seem to have that "I'm rich and blah-blah-blah" attitude. So I very rarely buy rap albums anymore.
However, I did pick up a copy of 50 Cent's "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," and I have to say I'm impressed. Is it different from most of the rap albums out today? Not really. What IS different is while others fail in their execution, this one almost hits the dime every time (no pun intended). I found this album to be pretty addicting. It takes awhile for it to grow on you, but when it does you can't get it out of your head.
A word of warning to those who don't like violent music; this is NOT an album for you. It has everything from drugs to violence; from sex to murder; from drug deals to hits, and so on and so on. He does tend to brag about his money from time to time, but nowhere to the extent that everybody at Cash Money does. And I think 50 Cent has much more interesting things to say than most rappers. You can definitely see the 2-Pac influence in the way he rhymes and constructs his delivery.
For the most part, the album's pretty solid. There really isn't a song that I disliked, although there's some I listen to a lot more than others. Those songs would be "in da club," "patiently waiting," "many men (wish death)," "if I can't," "heat," "back down," "blood hound," and "don't push me."
The only drawback to this album is the hype that surrounds it. It's this that I fear will bring the album down the most. While I don't dispute it's a great album, I believe that it has been hyped up A LOT. If you read some of the negative reviews, that's the primary reason for them not being able to enjoy the album. I have to agree, I think it tends to get a lot more attention than it should. However, it's still a really good album and I don't believe that hype has damaged it that much, but it is still a determining factor in liking the album or not for most.
"Get Rich or Die Tryin'" is a raw album with "gangsta" written all over it. If you like rap, then there is a really good chance that you'll like it. As I said, it took a bit for it to grow on me, but when it did I found myself humming the songs to myself. 50 Cent has potential and is able to reveal that on this album. I'll be curious to see what his next project holds for him. 50 cent Comment-sm._V47082363_ Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you?

50 cent Btn-yes-tiny._V46687209_50 cent Btn-no-tiny._V46917209_

(Report this)
(Report this)

21 of 38 people found the following review helpful:
50 cent Stars-1-0._V47060502_ Get real - Really, August 19, 2003

By bob turnley (birmingham,al,usa) - See all my reviews
It's called bad poetry with an attitude. Put a constant, droning, hypnotic beat behind it and it will sell a million copies. And while 50 cent and Eminem and every other identical practitioner of the fine art of the mundane cliche, aka 'keeping it real,' continue with this drivel; fans of actual music understand the phenomenon for what it is. Namely, that rappers and their fans are terrified of standing out from the crowd, making originality of thought or expression a virtual impossibility. 50 cent Comment-sm._V47082363_ Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you?

(Report this)
(Report this)

48 of 76 people found the following review helpful:
50 cent Stars-1-0._V47060502_ get a dictionary, April 1, 2003
By A Customer

Lots of hype, not many words. Pretty prosaic in my opinion. We all know ground, crown, and down rhyme; let's hear some ill connectors. Perhaps it doesn't work with his gun lyrics, but there are a few rappers who spit the gun talk with style. Not for those looking for lyrical creativity. Not hatin', just keepin' the mind elevated. 50 cent Comment-sm._V47082363_ Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you?

(Report this)
(Report this)

Share your thoughts with other customers: 50 cent Btn-create-own-review-md._V28911807_
See all 1,109 customer reviews...
Back to top Go down

50 cent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FBA Underground :: Music / Movie Corner-
Jump to: